eBooks & More
The library has thousands of ebooks and other electronic resources such as:
- Digital Audiobooks
- Digital Magazines
- Access Video On Demand For Kids
- Online Music
The Children's library has two Kindles that are available for residents to checkout.
- Kindle Paperwhites circulate for three weeks and are loaded with over 100 children’s books at a variety of reading levels.
- Kindles must be checked out by an adult with a Mt. Lebanon library card.
Using Technology with Children
Review the following resources for tips on using technology and media with children.
- Fred Rogers Center for Early Learning and Children’s Media - find guidance and expert advice on using media with young children.
- National Association for the Education of Young Children’s (NAEYC's) Developmentally Appropriate Practice - the NAEYC's guide to developmentally appropriate practice based on research on child development and early education methods.
- Position Statement on Technology and Interactive Media in Early Childhood Programs - a joint statement from the National Association for the Education for Young Children and the Fred Rogers Center for Early Learning and Children’s Media.
- Common Sense Media - information for families and children on digital literacy and citizenship, plus reviews of books, movies, apps, and games.
Library Computer Usage
We have over 40 public computers installed with MS Office, Internet Explorer, Firefox, with Internet content filtering software to protect our young patrons. Our computers also have adaptive device technologies for patrons with hearing and vision impairments. Wireless internet access is also available. Please refer to our Computer and Internet Access and Use Policy for acceptable-use guidelines.
- The Children’s Library has four public computers reserved for the use of children and their parents, plus two catalog stations.
- Patrons must use their library cards to access public computers (except catalog stations) or the wireless network.
- Printing is available in color ($0.50/page) or black and white ($0.25/page).