Since 2022 the Mt Lebanon Public Library with the support of Matt's Maker Space and the collaboration of Outreach Teen and Family Services has provided mental health programming that supports wellness and self-care for all ages. This initiative focuses on programs that build resiliency through stress reduction and personal resource expansion. It also provides connections to outside agencies that help us strengthen our network of care. Throughout this initiative the library continues to seek partnerships with local organizations that support mental wellness. Programs are offered on a continuous basis throughout the year at the library. Please continue to check out our website for updated information.
Programs that focus on building resiliency through stress reduction and personal resource expansion, such as:
· Lectures by mental wellness professionals
· Movement, meditation and relaxation classes
· Professionally facilitated discussions
· Professionally facilitated art and making therapy
· Nature activities
Programs that build bridges to outside agencies to strengthen our network of care, such as:
· Mental wellness workshops for the public on suicide prevention
· Workshops for caregivers
· STEP workshops (Systemic Training for Effective Parenting)
· Tools for managing mental wellness
· Awareness and strategies of breaking down social stigma and barriers to self-care
We will develop special collections for children and families, teens and adults that emphasis mental wellness and care. Each collection will be housed within the section of the library that services each age group. We will develop booklists, displays and newsletters that highlight these collections.
Resource centers for children and families, teens and adults that include information from local mental wellness agencies.