In May the Mt Lebanon Public Library in collaboration with Outreach Teen and Family Services, Matt's Maker Space and the Himalayan Institute of Pittsburgh will kick-off an initiative that supports mental wellness and self-care for all ages by providing programs and resources at your public library. This initiative will focus on programs that build resiliency through stress reduction and personal resource expansion as well as those that build bridges to outside agencies to strengthen our network of care. Throughout this initiative the library will continue to seek partnerships with local organizations that support mental wellness. Programs will be offered monthly at the library. Please continue to check out our website for updated information.
Programs that focus on building resiliency through stress reduction and personal resource expansion, such as:
· Lectures by mental wellness professionals
· Movement, meditation and relaxation classes
· Professionally facilitated discussions
· Professionally facilitated art and making therapy
· Nature activities
Programs that build bridges to outside agencies to strengthen our network of care, such as:
· Mental wellness workshops for the public on suicide prevention
· Workshops for caregivers
· STEP workshops (Systemic Training for Effective Parenting)
· Tools for managing mental wellness
· Awareness and strategies of breaking down social stigma and barriers to self-care
We will develop special collections for children and families, teens and adults that emphasis mental wellness and care. Each collection will be housed within the section of the library that services each age group. We will develop booklists, displays and newsletters that highlight these collections.
Resource centers for children and families, teens and adults that include information from local mental wellness agencies.
This initiative will have a presence on our website to further connect the public to our programs, related collections and resources.