Please note: RBdigital was acquired by OverDrive and has been moving content over to Libby. Unfortunately, OverDrive does not have a contract to provide AcornTV content. The Library doesn't currently have another option to offer AcornTV, and the service will be discontinued on May 14, 2021. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Acorn TV streams world-class mysteries, dramas, and comedies from Britain and beyond, including a full slate of original and exclusive programming. Just like Netflix, you can binge-watch popular shows like Doc Martin, Midsomer Murders, Inspector George Gently, Vera, Murdoch Mysteries, and more. With thousands of hours of commercial-free programming and new shows added weekly, there’s always something to watch!
Here’s how to get started:
- Go to https://mtlebanonpa.rbdigital.com/service/browse/acorn and create an account by clicking "Register" in the top right corner.
- Follow prompts to enter a username, password, and library card number. You will need your username and password to use the service moving forward.
- Important: Since the library has partnered with RBdigital in the past, you may already have an account if you used one of our previous services, such as Zinio or OneClick Digital. If the registration screen indicates that there is an account associated with your username or library card number, please try to reset your password. If that does not work, contact the library and we can reset it for you: call 412-531-1912 or email us.
- Once you’re logged in, click on a series title for more detailed information then "Checkout" to checkout a 7-day access pass.
- Acorn TV will open in your desktop or mobile browser. 7-day access confirmation box appears.
- Click "Access Acorn TV" and the dashboard will launch.
- Select a show or movie and enjoy!
Please note: This service is only available to Mt. Lebanon Public Library card holders.
- Your 7-day pass gives you unlimited access to Acorn TV. Once your 7-day pass expires, simply checkout another 7-day pass to continue watching. Your "recently watched" and "watchlist" will be stored until you access Acorn TV again.
- You can access Acorn TV from any device, including Roku, Android, Amazon Fire, and iOS apps.
- We currently do not have a limit on the number of 7-day passes patrons can access monthly. Please note that this may change in the future due to budgetary constraints.
- Need help? Visit Acorn TV’s Help Center.