Text a Librarian
When texting the library, your wireless number is kept confidential. Your communication with the library is protected under guidelines outlined in Mt. Lebanon Public Library Policy No. 27 Confidentiality of Library Records. The library does not charge for this service nor does it generate revenue from cell phone service providers.
- Check with your service provider regarding any fees or costs associated with texting.
- The library is not responsible for any charges assessed by the user's cell phone service provider.
Text a Librarian uses the same security protocols as online banking. Patron phone numbers are kept private. Text-a-Librarian technology is mobile carrier-certified, ensuring message delivery and security. For more information please contact the public library.
Text Set Up
To begin texting a librarian, begin by texting "Start" to 412-685-4004. You will receive instructions for use. Once you have done this, you may text that number directly with questions and for assistance.
Review the following information on what you can text and what is acceptable for using text messaging:
- Any type of question.
- Texting is meant to provide short, just-in-time answers.
- You may be directed to email or phone if your question cannot be adequately answered via text.
- Use of this service is governed by Mt. Lebanon Public Library Policy No. 28 Patron Behavior Policy
The library is not responsible for text messages that are not received or delayed due to technical, telecommunications or internet failures.
- When the library is open, a response will be sent within two hours.
- Texts received 30 minutes prior to closing or after hours of operation will be answered when the library reopens.
- If your text is not answered within 24 hours, it may be due to technical difficulties.
- You may want to call or email the library with your question if you have not received a response within 24 hours.