Mt. Lebanon Public Library Policy No. 16
MT. LEBANON PUBLIC LIBRARY
POLICY NUMBER: 16
DATE ISSUED: October 20, 2005
REPLACES: Previous policy no. 16, issued December 14, 2000
PURPOSE: To set forth guidelines that will help the library select vendors so that the library may obtain the best value when purchasing supplies, services, and materials.
STATEMENT OF POLICY:
1. Vendors for the library shall be evaluated according to the following criteria:
-Competitive pricing, type of discount
-Participation in cooperative or bulk purchasing agreements
-Delivery speed and cost
-Availability of in-stock items
2. Contracts and purchases by the library in excess of an amount equal to one-and-a-half percent (.015) of the library’s current year’s operating budget shall be awarded on the basis of competitive bidding. Standard Mt. Lebanon municipal bidding procedures, as described in Administrative Code Section 147 (attached), shall be followed.
2.1 Exceptions to competitive bidding requirements shall include:
-Labor or services rendered by any municipal officer or employee
-Contracts for labor, material, supplies, or services available from only one vendor
-Contracts for professional or unique services
-Contracts for emergency repairs or replacements
-Orders for library books, periodicals, media, and electronic resources
2.2 Such contracts shall be executed on behalf of the library by the president of the library board of trustees and attested by the library director. Contracts below the bid limit may be executed by the library director.
3. Purchases between $5,000 and the bid limit shall be considered after obtaining three written comparative price quotations.
4. Library books, periodicals, media, and electronic resources shall be exempt from obtaining three comparative quotations. Orders shall be placed with vendors that offer better discounts and/or title availability based on the library director’s recommendation.
5. No officer or employee of the library shall accept any gratuity, gift or favor designed to influence his or her recommendation for the purchase of any goods or services, nor shall any officer or employee personally benefit either directly or indirectly by a purchase made by the library.
|Purchasing Policy 16_Oct 2005.pdf||56.43 KB|
- Library Home
- Programs & Events
- Research & Reference
- Reader Resources
- eMedia Collection