Proctoring of Exams
MT. LEBANON PUBLIC LIBRARY
POLICY NUMBER: 32
TITLE: Proctoring of Exams
DATE ISSUED: January 27, 2011
PURPOSE: To set forth guidelines for exam proctoring as a public service by Library staff.
STATEMENT OF POLICY:
1. The Library staff cannot observe students during any test.
2. There will be a $25.00 fee per exam, payable in advance, or on the day and time that the exam is taken.
3. Students must make arrangement at least 48 hours in advance. At the time of the arrangement the student will supply a name, address, telephone number, name of testing institution and expected date and time for exam. [See attached form.] Copies of the examination may be emailed to the library no more than 30 days in advance of the test day.
3.1. The parent/legal guardian of a minor child must sign the proctoring request form on the child’s behalf, agreeing to all terms in this policy and in the proctoring request form.
4. It is the student's responsibility to ensure that the physical facilities are adequate for their test taking requirements. Quiet study areas may not always be available.
5. The student must supply all supplies needed (i.e., pencils, papers, etc.) to complete the exam.
6. The student must sign the attached form prior to administration of any exam.
7. The librarian who administers the paperwork for the examination will be the librarian in charge at the Reference Desk or his or her designee at the time the student takes the examination. The administering librarian will not necessarily be the librarian that mails the examination that day.
8. The librarian will verify the identity of the student by requiring presentation of a photo identification before the examination. Due to legal and ethical considerations, the librarian will not sign a proctoring statement or verification inconsistent with this policy.
9. Exams will be administered during the Library’s operating hours. The test must be completed 30 minutes before the Library closes.
10. Completed examinations will be returned to the testing institution only via the U.S. Postal Service in postage-paid envelopes provided by the student or the institution. The
Library will not coordinate pickup of materials by Fed Ex, UPS, or any other commercial carrier. Copies of completed exams are not retained nor can the exams be faxed to the institution.
10.1. The Library and the Library staff are not responsible for the exam after it is sent via U.S. Postal Service. Postal Service receipt required.
11. Examinations not completed by the student within 30 days of receipt by the Library will not be retained by the Library unless the student has made prior arrangements with the Library.
12. The Library is able to provide online examinations. All Library computers have access to Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and the Internet. Non-residents will be provided a guest card to for computer use. The Library does not allow the installation of any special software that may be needed to complete the examination on a Library computer. It is the student's responsibility to ensure that the Library's computing resources are adequate for the test- taking requirements.
13. The Library and the Library staff do not assume responsibility for completed tests that are not received by the testing institution. The student must contact the institution to determine if the completed test was received. The Library is not responsible for the content of exams.
14. The student agrees to waive, release, and/or discharge, the Library and the Library staff administrating the exam, from any and all liability as a result of administration of the examination. The student thereby acknowledges that the Library and the Library staff take no legal responsibility for the content, delivery, results and/or any publication(s) of the results, arising and/or related to the student’s examination and/or the Library’s administration of the exam.
Mt Lebanon Public Library—Proctoring of Exams—Policy #32
Proctoring Request Form
Name of Testing Institution_______________________________________
Requested Exam Date__________________________________________
Requested Exam Time__________________________________________
Time / Length of Examination_____________________________________
Paper Examination___________ Online Examination___________
I have reviewed the Examination Proctoring Services Policy. By signing below, I agree to the following rules for taking an examination proctored by a staff member of Mt. Lebanon Public Library:
1. I agree to pay all proctoring fees to the library with this application. Payment of $25.00 is attached. I assume responsibility for all other exam-related costs incurred by the library, such as postage, photocopying, or other expenses. I understand that the library will not return the examination to the testing institution prior to payment by me to the library.
2. I have attached the examination instructions and requirements along with this application.
3. I understand that, although the library staff will do its best to meet my scheduling needs, the library staff will make the final date and time decisions regarding the test schedule.
4. I understand that the library has no legal obligation to provide proctoring and that a library staff member will not be present during the examination.
5. I will arrive for the examination at the scheduled time and date. If I do not arrive at the designated time, I understand that the test will not be rescheduled, and I will forfeit all fees that I have paid.
6. I agree to follow all instructions of the library staff member regarding the examination.
7. I agree to take personal responsibility for the contents of the examination and waive, release, and/or discharge, the Library and the library staff administrating the exam, from any and all liability as a result of administration of the examination.
8. I thereby acknowledge and agree that the Library and the library staff take no legal responsibility for the content, delivery, results and/or any publication(s) of the results, arising and/or related to my examination and/or the Library’s administration of the exam.
Signature of parent/legal guardian if student is a minor Date
STAFF USE ONLY
Staff Member Schedule_______________________________________________
Receiving the test:
Do the test requirements meet the terms of the Library policy? Yes ____ No ____
How many exams will the student be taking? _____
When will the student take the exam(s): _______________________________
To best meet the school’s proctoring requirements, where in the building (mobile computer lab, library computer, study table, study carrel) will the student take the exam?
Which staff member will proctor the exam? ______________________________
Administering the test:
Valid photo ID presented? _____ Yes _____ No
Total proctoring fee of $25.00 collected? _____Yes ______No
Proctoring fee paid by ____ cash ____ check
- Library Home
- Programs & Events
- Research & Reference
- Reader Resources
- eMedia Collection